Jharkhand man missing in lockdown, presumed dead, returns home

Jharkhand man missing in lockdown, presumed dead, returns home

Migrant Workers From All Over India Returned Home Amid Coronavirus Shutdown (Representative)

A Jharkhand man, reported missing since the coronavirus-induced nationwide lockdown last year and allegedly killed by his family, was reunited with them due to the efforts of a Telangana-based nonprofit, authorities said today .

Marcus, a resident of Jharkhand’s Simdega district, had gone to work in Goa in February 2020, they said.

When the closure was announced in March 2020, he set out to return home like other migrant workers. But he came to the Khammam district of Teleganan instead of Jharkhand.

Unable to find shelter in a new place amidst the confinement, and allegedly subjected to abuse by the people, the 45-year-old suffered a mental breakdown and was handed over by the district administration to a non-governmental organization (NGO) run by Dr. Annam Srinivasan.

About 10 days ago, Marcus managed to remember his name and address, after which the NGO contacted local authorities in Jharkhand, Additional District Judge Madhuresh Kumar Verma said.

Marcus finally met his brother in Civil Court in the presence of Additional District Judge and Chief Judicial Magistrate Anandmani Tripathi on Thursday.

The family, who had left him for dead after receiving no information about him for 16 months, were overjoyed after his return.

The relieved family said that the NGO Dr. Annam Srinivasan was a blessing to them, as their efforts helped Marcus to recover and remember everything.

“On August 5, the NGO handed Marcus over to his relatives in front of the Simdega court. The NGO also gave the man 25,000 rupees,” officials said.

READ  Jharkhand Congressional Leader Found Murdered In Residence, Wife Seriously Injured - Police

We will be happy to hear your thoughts

Leave a reply

Venezuela en fútbol